Saturday, May 7, 2011

[quote me] I'm not religious, I'm normal.

Society has sadly come to the point that being God-fearing and God-loving comes with labels such as "religious," "fanatic," "abnormal," "holy," and other things with seemingly negative connotations in society at large.  I am not as "religious" as some of those people you call "religious," but to me they are the normal people, they recognized the right path and they are on it, or at least trying their best to stay on it.  I can't throw a stone at them, even if they may have strayed once or twice or more.

On the other hand, people who label these good people as "religious" are those who are too proud and/or afraid to admit their wrongs and be humble enough to honestly say "I'm sorry" to God and to whoever else.  Why do they label? or judge?  I think they do that to justify their wrongdoings, to make themselves feel comfortable and think that they're doing just fine.  To spread the disease that plagues many societies: "being wrong is hot. being right is not."  These people who use the word "religious" in a wrong way to label good people are those who also disregard some successful people's religiosity.  Like one president is actually "religious" but because he's successful, they attribute their success to other things, not to God.

Sure, not all seemingly "religious" people are actually religious.  And sure, it is very tempting to point our fingers at them.  But when we do that--pointing fingers, labelling, judging, a.k.a. being God--I hope we know what we're doing.

Well, people, you're not hot.  You're not cool.  You're not normal.  But yeah, you think you're happy and doing just fine because you're not "religious."  Guess again.

No comments:

Post a Comment