Wednesday, April 25, 2012

ronjie.com 2nd anniversary


ABSTRACT: Yes, this article is so long, I needed to write an abstract. Essentially, I looked at the stats for the RONJIE.COM blogs and I found that my Civil Engineering and Japan blogs are my top blogs.  RAW, my "quantity" blog, is at #4.  Tagalog Daily and Android Fuel are new blogs that I haven't regularly updated enough, and yet are already proving to be having the most potential. My Coach Potato blogs should probably come back from the dead. And of course, although not exactly a blog, RONJIE.COM is in my top blogs lists because it's the one that links to all other blogs and websites.
Today, April 25, 2012, marks the 2nd 2nd year anniversary of the registration of the RONJIE.COM domain name. Yeah, you read that right, it's my second 2nd anniversary. I previously registered RONJIE.COM back in 2005, and then I had some technical trouble transferring the rights to my domain in 2007 on my 1st 2nd year anniversary. I was only able to get it back in 2010 after three years of waiting for it to be released by its hostage takers. But hey, I'm only very thankful now to have it back. Okay, that wasn't confusing, right?

Now, I realized that I like "analyzing" stats. I just recently posted some stats for my Japan! Japan! blog (version 2.0) which also just turned two years old a week ago. I thought I'd do the same looking at the overall stats for all RONJIE.COM blogs.

The top 5 blogs with the most number of posts are:
  1. RONJ-BLOG (this blog!) 682 
  2. RAW 612 
  3. The Japan! Japan! Blog 283 
  4. Ronjie Aquino Civil Engineering 95
  5. wind.ph 46
Except for the 5th one which was last updated in 2010, the top 4 blogs are probably my most actively updated blogs. And the RONJ-BLOG, you might say is the one that started it all; it's my longest running blog. The total number of articles posted so far, including the long and the short, is around 2,300.

The top 10 blogs with the most pageviews are:
  1. Ronjie Aquino Civil Engineering 8907 
  2. The Japan! Japan! Blog 5955 
  3. RAW 5877 
  4. RONJ-BLOG 3464 
  5. wind.ph  2505 
  6. Tagalog Daily | 毎日タガログ語 1154 
  7. Coach Potato's Consumer Watch 965 
  8. Coach Potato's Corner 790 
  9. ronjie.com :-) (previous version) 699 
  10. ronjie.com :-D (current version) 674
It is interesting that my blog related to my full-time profession is number 1, with nearly 9,000 pageviews and a huge, almost 3,000 more than the #2 blog about the other thing that defines my more recent life: Japan. Of course, I am here in Japan studying a highly specialized field of civil engineering, and so it is seemingly difficult for my Japan blog to overtake my engineering blog just because I have more civil engineering than Japan in my experience notebook. Or, maybe it is because there are just more civil engineers in the world than those interested in Japan, Japanese culture, and travelling to Japan. After all, civil engineering generally implies income, while going to Japan generally implies expense. Of the 10 blogs, Tagalog Daily is probably the surprise hit as it is a relatively new blog with still very few posts, and in fact it hasn't been updated as regularly as it should be. The Coach Potato series of blogs are old, definitely not up-to-date blogs, and yet they're still in the top 10.

In terms of pageviews-per-post (PPP), the top 20 with at least 9 PPP are:
  1. Ronjie Aquino Civil Engineering  94
  2. Android Fuel 67
  3. ronjie.com :-D (current version)  61
  4. wind.ph 54
  5. A.B.C. Construction, Inc. 46
  6. Tagalog Daily | 毎日タガログ語  44
  7. Coach Potato's Consumer Watch  39
  8. ASEANwind 27
  9. iPhone Essentials 22
  10. The Japan! Japan! Blog  21
  11. Coach Potato's Corner 20
  12. Mac Essentials 19
  13. Coach Potato's Traffic Watch 17
  14. There are X Types of People in this World... 13
  15. verse 12
  16. Anong Say Mo, Kuya Ronjie? 10
  17. RAW 10
  18. This is the Philippines 10
  19. Puro Tech 9
  20. iPad Essentials 9
My civil engineering blog is again #1 with a huge lead over the #2 blog. This sends me a very strong message that I should be putting more attention to this blog. But that attention does not necessarily mean more articles because that could result in diminished rankings for the blog (but then, it becomes more comparable with the other blogs). I checked the stats for that blog, and I found that I have this one hit article from March 2010 that has sent me an average of 2 pageviews per day since it was posted. Today, that page has already got 7 pageviews. This prods me to churn out more quality articles that people really care about. Well, duh.

The #2 spot, though, is quite a surprise. It's a new blog and I haven't dedicated much time to it. And yet it has had probably the "most improved" pageview-per-post ranking. This is of course due to the popularity of the Android operating system, which is basically because of it being way more than half of the smartphone market. I really have something good going on there. The only problem is, I don't use an Android phone. I do own one, a low-price-point but value-for-money Samsung model that I really like, but only because I won it from an online contest and now my wife's the one using it on a more regular basis. I think what I would need to do is to look for co-contributors to the Android Fuel blog. Or not. Because what I need are co-contributors to most of my other blogs. But then, Android Fuel has a huge potential and I could really tap into it and do something about it now.

The #3 "blog" is no surprise although it could have been #1 or #2, simply because it is the mothership, which links to all other sites. It's not actually a blog per se but for me it's just so much easier to use Blogger nowadays. It also helps that I have Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus pages linking to my RONJIE.COM main portal.

wind.ph is another civil engineering-related blog. No surprise there.

But #6, the Tagalog Daily blog, is again a surprise hit. And again, it's something I should do something about. Likewise, the two Coach Potato blogs are surprisingly in there as well, even having better ranking than my Japan blog and RAW.  But the latter two have a different purpose, i.e. quantity, whereas the Coach Potato series of blogs and the Tagalog Daily blog are niche stuff.

#5 is also a surprise because... It's not actually a blog!  It's supposedly a model company website I prepared for a client from two years back who wanted a website for his construction company. And yet it's there. But then, it has only had 91 pageviews. Good enough for an intentionally static "blog"/website. But now this has made me think that I should have a top 10 blogs list according to weighted PPP instead. #8 "ASEANwind" is another similarly more-or-less static website. By the way, I can help you create your own blog or company website that's easy to use and easy to update. Seriously. :-)

The iPhone Essentials, Mac Essentials, and iPad Essentials blogs are blogs that I like at least in terms of looks, but they are not yet "officially launched" and have only a very few posts. But in terms of effectiveness they are on par with my Japan blog. The iPad Essentials blog (#20) in fact practically has no posts yet because I have never owned an iPad yet.  My other newer "blogs," (or "concept websites," if you will) found themselves in the #14 to #19 spots with a decent (for my standards) 10 PPP. #14 actually has had only two posts thus far.

Now, let's only talk about the blogs that matter, shall we?  That is, those with a significant number of pageviews and posts already. The top 11 blogs with significant weighted PPP would be:
  1. Ronjie Aquino Civil Engineering  
  2. wind.ph  
  3. The Japan! Japan! Blog 
  4. RAW
  5. Tagalog Daily | 毎日タガログ語 
  6. ronjie.com :-D (current version)  
  7. Coach Potato's Consumer Watch
  8. Android Fuel
  9. RONJ-BLOG 
  10. ASEANwind
  11. Coach Potato's Corner
Well, it's essentially telling us the same thing. My civil engineering and Japan blogs are the top 3, while ASEANwind also comes in at #10. RAW, my "quantity" blog, is at #4. Tagalog Daily and Android Fuel are new and are showing much promise. Coach Potato should come back from the dead. And of course, RONJIE.COM is there because it's the one that links to all other blogs and websites. Based on this "analysis," you can expect all you want as to what kind of changes are going to be happening soon in the RONJIE.COM blog world. Enough said.

Whew! Thanks for reading through.

No comments:

Post a Comment