Sunday, May 20, 2012

To tell or not to tell the painful truth [quote them] [quote me]

A quote from Paulo Coelho:
Telling the truth and making someone cry is better than telling a lie and making someone smile.
Do you agree? Let me know your thoughts, through this link.

To me, a lie is a sin, while hurting the feelings of someone who is in the wrong but won't admit to it is not necessarily a sin. It's not what you say, it's how you say it. And it's when you say it. If you tell the truth, in a loving way, and he/she still cries, well the only thing you can do is to leave things up to God. The ball is in his/her hands. But making someone smile? With a lie? Sin. It's akin to "Robin Hooding," or feeding your children with stolen money. The end does not justify the means. That's what I think. But you could think otherwise. Let me hear your thoughts at this link.

Thanks to JS for sharing this quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment