Monday, October 17, 2011

[quote me] The 3 T's of blogging

Think first.
Type second.
Talk last.

I say this because I saw this Pinoy invention blogged about somewhere, and some stupid, seemingly Filipino citizens were quick to comment, "A Pinoy invented that? No way! They're selling those things in China!"

Hey people. So if they are selling them in China, does that mean they invented it in China?

They're selling iPhones and whatever else in China. They're selling McDonald's hamburgers and so on in China. Were those invented in China?

Anyways, I didn't like that some people were quick to find something that could invalidate that one positive Pinoy thing, when they could have first tried to validate it. But what happened was that their own "proof" that was meant to invalidate the Pinoy claim to the invention was itself invalid!

Google Search has already been invented, people, in case you haven't heard. Oh but yeah, you need to know how to use it properly. That's difficult.

Anyway. These type-first people are the very voices that continuously tell us and treat us like we're not good enough, essentially becoming our very obstacles to growth. If you ask me, I would deport them right away. Nevermind if they are actually Filipino citizens. Put them somewhere very far from our consciousness.

* * *

Wait a minute. Talk third? It has always worked for me, when seeing some illogical or baseless argument being posted on forums and what not and I feel really compelled to react, to type and compose and re-type my response very carefully, reading it always at least one more time before I post. It helps to play around with what you have composed because that "written" word when published will be there forever, more or less. Say something differently, and its meaning could be very far off from your original intent.

It also pays to check your spelling and grammar because some low-lifes will invalidate your argument just because they find something superficially wrong, and then you might not get your point across to some people who really need to hear you. So yeah, type second and "talk" (i.e. transmit your message) last.

Lastly, I sometimes do not post my message anymore when I think it will only cause more harm than good, e.g. when people you are addressing are the type who can never understand and will just continue to think "I'm right, you're wrong." "Talk never" also works.

No comments:

Post a Comment