Sunday, June 3, 2012

Pinoys love Basketball

It's not an unknown fact anymore.

Back in 2002, we started paying for this multi-tower condo development in Quezon City by Empire East (the lower-income-bracket subsidiary of Megaworld). 2006 came and we were able to move in. The place also had this small pool that was available for use by over 200 households at the development. But you know, it was fine.



Then in around 2007 or 2008, I got to visit one of my friend's new condo in Taguig, developed by DMCI Homes. It was big. And their unit was practically the same price per unit area as my condo unit, considering this was 5 years later. But yeah, this was Taguig, not Quezon City. But still, it was big. The pool was way bigger. They had way bigger party halls and so on. But hey, I could live without those things. I liked that my place is in the middle of the city, just three blocks away from a train station, and all that jazz.

But the one thing that I cannot get over was that my friend's condo place has a basketball court. OMG. That really got me. Why would anyone create a development in the Philippines and not include a basketball court? Don't they know that Pinoys love basketball? Or don't they care? They were really just in for the money, right? Man, I've had troubles with the Empire East governance at our condo and I don't mind. That only reflects on them. But now that I know there's people like those in DMCI Homes who know and understand very well that Pinoys love basketball, I will never ever consider again an Empire East or any other development which will not include a basketball court.

And then I just learned of another friend who recently got a DMCI Homes condo in Mandaluyong. Same story. They have a basketball court. And then I saw this: http://j.gs/vpp. My most-admired company in the world also has a basketball court within their own backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment