Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Use Filipino to empower the poor [thoughts]

Image from Wikipedia
My thoughts exactly. Read this article at this link:



http://thewideshot.wordpress.com/2012/01/24/use-filipino-to-empower-the-poor/

[Note: Filipino is the name of the national language, and one of two official languages in the Philippines.]

The article also linked to this video (which is primarily in Filipino):

http://www.probetv.com/index.php?option=com_probetv&view=video&layout=program&vi=924&Itemid=8

Wait, you might ask, why is this blog post not in Filipino? Because I'm not trying to empower the poor with this article. Duh. I'm trying to talk to you, you English-spokening pipol op da GRP (Government of the Republic of the Philippines).

Anyway, answer this. What kind of Filipinos brainwash their Filipino children that watching Filipino stuff on Filipino TV while in the Philippines is evil wrong?

I don't mind people speaking in straight English, or "Taglish," or straight Filipino, but is it appropriate to the situation?

Like, I've seen these two guys. I was at a party, and I go to the toilet. Those two guys were there. And they were talking in "conio" English-Taglish speak. Man, two guys! What the hell! Really? Can you imagine that? I forgot exactly what they said, but maybe they uttered sentences like "It's so ganon naman e." Well, in a "manly" voice of course. But it was just so weird. I can imagine a guy talk to a girl in "conio" speak, or two girls even. But not two guys.

Anyway, I have plenty of thoughts on this matter and it's seemingly difficult to write them all down in a very well composed piece of prose. If you have your own thoughts, opinions, or stories, let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment