Monday, February 2, 2009

[who is ronjie?] I think that... I don't like...

I think that when you haven't completed your M.S. degree yet, you DON'T HAVE an M.S. degree yet. I don't like it when people fill forms that look like this:

Undergraduate Degree: _____________
Graduate Degree: _________________

like this:

Undergraduate Degree: B.S. Civil Engineering
Graduate Degree: M.S. Civil Engineering (24 units completed)

People, the form asks for a degree, not units. 24 units doesn't mean you already have a DEGREE, if a thesis or more units are required to obtain the degree. Finish the course first. Units are the equivalent of attendance to seminars, not a DEGREE. If there is no diploma program at that school that is the equivalent of the units you've taken, you don't even have a DIPLOMA. I'm not trying to say I'm better than other people here; I'm just pointing out facts. And I think it's just
illogical to be doing that "I have a masters' degree (24 units)" thing. But I guess people need to impress other people. Hey, I've attended and completed PhD courses in wind engineering. But I don't ever put "PhD (units)". Because I haven't EARNED the degree yet.

Well, this is just my opinion? What do you think? Am I being a bad person when I do this pointing out of other people's lies?

No comments:

Post a Comment