Monday, October 6, 2008

[Consumer+Watch] Cafe Coeli, Timog Ave., versus Brewing Point, Tierra Pura (both in Quezon City)

We tried this new start-up place, Cafe Coeli, and well, here's the good
and the bad.

1. I like that it's a startup.
2. I like that there's free WiFi.
3. The food they have tastes good but is not great. This maybe a sign
of things to come for their franchise. However, as Mara said, people
don't come there to eat. But I thought, the food occupies 1/2 of their
menu! We didn't yet try their shakes, or coffees, etc. Who seems to be
the owner-manager of the place did ask us to taste-test their new
concoction, iced coffee jelly. See #6.
4. There is something wrong about the interiors. I noticed that there
it uses one color too many. Blue and yellow - sure, that's their color.
Black and all other neutrals are fine. But pink? How did that get in
there?
5. Related to #4, although they have couches, their chairs, made of
steel aren't comfortable to sit in through a meal and dessert. (Maybe
that was intentional so that people do not stay in there for so long?)
The steel chairs and tables sort of blend with the overall theme of the
place though. There is something wrong about the interiors.
6. The iced coffee jelly was a little too sweet, but I think the ice
just melted. I guess that's just right for iced coffee. It was just a
small serving; the owner-manager said they'll even serve it with whip
cream and cherry. We ordered I think tiramisu for dessert. It was
nice. But again, it wasn't great.

I find that Brewing Point is a better place in most aspects; it's just
more out of the way for most people. (In certain situations, that might
be more advantageous.) Nonetheless, we'll come back to taste their
shakes at Cafe Coeli. Hopefully those shakes will change my impression
of this place. I still like that they have free Wifi! Brewing Point
also has Free Wifi.

No comments:

Post a Comment