Monday, October 20, 2008

[FWD] Enlightening Articles From Bo Sanchez

TUYO, TINAPA AND GALUNGGONG
By: Bo Sanchez

Let me tell you a story. Three construction workers were on top of their
half-finished skyscraper. Rrrrring!" the lunch bell sounded, and the
three men sat on a steel beam jutting out of the 56th floor with their
lunch boxes in hand.

The first guy opens his and groans in exasperation, "Tuyo!" There is not
a day that I don't get tuyo for lunch!" He turns to his buddies and
announces, "Mark my words. If I still get tuyo tomorrow, I'm going to
throw myself from this building."

The second guy opens his lunch box and moans, "Tinapa". Everyday, I get
tinapa!" He looks at his friends and declares, "Believe me when I say
this. If I get tinapa tomorrow, I'm going to jump and kil! l myself."

The third guy opens his lunch box and it was his turn to despair.
"Galunggong" . All I get is galunggong!" I'm telling you, if I still get
galunggong tomorrow, I'm going to jump from this building and die."

The next day, the lunch bell rings and all three men are again seated on
the 56th floor. The first guy opens his lunch box and starts crying,
"Tuyoooooo!" And so he jumps and crashes on the ground.

The second guy opens his lunch box and wails loudly, "Tinapaaaa!" And he
also hurls himself off the building and dies.

The third guy opens his lunch box and screams, "Galunggonggggg! " And so
he too jumps off the building and splatters on the ground.

Days later, during the funeral of the three men, their three wives
embrace and weep together. The first wife cries out, "I didn't know my
husband didn't like tuyo anymore! Why didn't he tell me? If only he told
me, I would have prepared something else."

The second wife echoes her statement, "Yes! If only I knew, I would have
cooked something else, not tinapa!"

The third wife, between sobs, speaks up, "I don't know why my husband
killed himself." The two wives look at her curiously.
"Why?"
She went on, "Because ... my husband prepares his own lunch everyday..."


I love this crazy story because it presents a very important truth: all
of us prepare our own lunch. If we don't like our jobs, if we don't like
the state of our relationships, if! we don't like what's happening to
our spiritual lives - we have no one to blame but ourselves. Because God
has given us free will. He has given us the power to prepare our own
lunch.

If you want to earn more and be free from debt, if you're sick and tired
of your bad habits, if we want to put more joy in our marriages, if we
want to grow in our relationship with God - then go back to your kitchen
and prepare yourself another dish. Because you design your own future.
You create your own destiny. Ask yourself what kind of future do you
want to have? What kind of life? What kind of eternity? You decide.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
I Love Rubber Bands
By Bo Sanchez

Let me tell you a crazy story I heard recently.There' s this husband who
out of sheer love for his wife decided to prove it to her. So he swam
the widest oceans, crossed the deepest rivers, and climbed the highest
mountains to show his deep devotion to her. But in the end, she divorced
him.

Why? Because he was never home.(Get it?)

Let me tell you an experience I had as a kid. One day, I asked Mom, "Why
do my shoes keep eating my socks?" As a young boy, that was always a
mystery for me. All my other classmates never had that problem. Their
socks remained tight and high up their legs the entire day.

Mom didn't answer my question but simply gave me two rubber bands which
I dutifully placed around the top of my socks. To this day, fifteen
years later, I still have permanent circle marks around my legs. But
aside from giving me this slight defect, the two bands worked like
magic.

It never occurred to me that Dad and Mom didn't have the money to buy a
new pair of socks for me. So I wore five-year-old socks, all soggy,
grayish, and garter less. And yet amazingly, I never complained. I
believe it was because Dad was always home when I needed him. Every
night, after coming from work, we'd jog together, sit around, and talk
about Tarzan, Farrah Fawcett Majors,God, and what I wanted to be when I
grew up (a stockholder) . On Saturdays, we'd walk to Cubao, eat a
hotdog-on-a- stick,and buy new rubber bands before going home.

I've learned that in truth, we don't want our loved ones to show their
love for us in big ways. Swimming the widest oceans,crossing the deepest
rivers, and climbing the highest mountains seem spectacular - but that's
not what we really want. Deep in our hearts, we just want them home.
With us.

Sometimes, God will operate that way. Suddenly, He decides not to answer
our prayers, or fill our need, or heal our sickness, or give us the
miracle we're asking for. (He's got reasons why He won't, and believe me
- they're pretty good ones.) So He'll just be there beside you, holding
you in a hug. Sharing your pain. Weeping as you weep. Oh, He might give
you some rubber bands. And that small comfort from Him will be more than
enough to sustain you. Because the most essential truth you already
know.

...home.


> ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
THE GIFT


A young man was getting ready to graduate from college. For many months
he had admired a beautiful sports car in a dealer's showroom, and
knowing his father could well afford it, he told him that was all he
wanted. As Graduation Day approached, the young man awaited signs that
his father had purchased the car. Finally, on the morning of his
graduation, his father called him into his private study.

His father told him how proud he was to have such a fine son, and told
him how much he loved him.

He handed his son a beautifully wrapped gift box. Curious, but somewhat
disappointed, the young man opened the box and found a lovely,
leather-bound Bible, with the young man's name embossed in gold.
Angrily, he raised his voice to his father and said, "With all your
money you give me a Bible? and stormed out of the house, leaving the
Bible.

Many years passed and the young man was very successful in business. He
had a beautiful home and wonderful family, but realized his father was
very old, and thought perhaps he should go to him. He had not seen him
since that graduation day. Before he could make arrangements, he
received a telegram telling him his father had passed away, and willed
all of his possessions to his son. He needed to come home immediately
and take care of things.

When he arrived at his father's house, sudden sadness and regret filled
his heart. He began to search through his father's important papers and
saw the still new Bible, just as he had left it years ago. With tears,
he opened the Bible and began to turn the pages. His father had
carefully underlined a verse: Matt 7:11, "And if ye, being evil know how
to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your Heavenly
father which is in heaven, give to those who ask Him?" As he read those
words, a car key dropped from the back of the Bible. It had a tag with
the dealer's name, the same dealer who had the sports car he had
desired. On the tag was the date of his graduation, and the words...
PAID IN FULL. >

How many times do we miss God's blessings because they are not packaged
as we expected? I trust you enjoyed this.

Pass it on to others. Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you
have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things
you only hoped for...

IF YOUR GIFT IS NOT PACKED THE WAY YOU WANT IT, IT'S BECAUSE IT IS
BETTER PACKED THAT WAY! ALWAYS APPRECIATE LITTLE THINGS; THEY USUALLY
LEAD YOU TO ATTACHMENTS!

PLS SEND THIS TO OTHER PEOPLE SO AS TO LET THIS GREAT LESSONS FLOW AROUND

No comments:

Post a Comment