Monday, October 13, 2008

[thoughts] giving

This is a true story! :-D

One day, I had an extra banana and so I gave it to one of my
officemates. My officemate #1 thanked me for it.

Officemate #1 in turn gave it to another officemate. Officemate #2 then
thanked me for the same banana.

I gave away one banana, but two people thanked me for it!

Another thought came to mind. What if we consider all that we have as
being all from God, and so we're thankful to God. And what if we give
away what we have, making sure that we tell that person we give to that
it is from God. There would be two of us appreciating God!

I think this is one essence of evangelization through charity, of
telling the world about God's love through giving. When we give more of
what we have (which is from God), and as long as we also communicate
that what we are giving is from God, the more will get to know better
our most generous God.

So receive, and give, and tell. Expect to be thanked. And expect more
people to appreciate God more.

No comments:

Post a Comment